November 7—13, 2021 is National Vocation Awareness Week
Top Five Things to Promote Vocations For all Catholics:
1. Pray for an increase in vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life. If we want more priests, sisters and brothers, we all need to ask.
2. Teach young people how to pray. Pope Benedict XVI said that unless we teach our youth how to pray, they will never hear God calling them into a deeper relationship with Him and into the discipleship of the Church.
3. Invite active young adults and teens to consider a vocation to the priesthood or consecrated life.
4. Make it attractive. Show the priesthood for what it truly is – a call to be a spiritual father to the whole family of faith. Similarly, the consecrated life for a young woman is a call to be united to Christ in a unique way.
5. Preach it, brother! Vocations must be talked about regularly if a “vocation culture” is to take root in parishes and homes. This means, first and foremost, the people need to hear about vocations from priests through homilies, prayers of the faithful, and discussions in the classroom. Let’s Pray Please ask Our Lord for more dedicated, holy priests, deacons, and consecrated men and women. May they be inspired by Jesus Christ, supported by our faith community, and respond generously to God’s gift of vocation.