Important Updates From St Paul’s – Riverside
Dear St. Paul’s Family,
Welcome back! I am so excited to welcome you back to St. Paul’s beginning the weekend of May 16th and 17th. We will resume the weekend Masses on Saturday 4.00 p.m. and on Sunday at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 7:00 p.m. with the following guidelines.
Note: Anyone who is in the “vulnerable group” as identified by the CDC should continue to stay at home. Dispensation for Sunday Mass is still in effect.
Please check your email from St. Paul’s and “Sign up-Genius” ASAP and specify which mass you are attending. With social distancing we can accommodate only 80 people per Mass. If you stick to the Mass you normally attend in the past on the weekends, we will be okay. The “Sign up-Genius” is very important for us to plan ahead and not to keep you waiting for the next Mass.
Safety Guidelines from our Diocese:
- Masks or suitable face coverings are needed to attend Mass. Hand sanitizers are available at the entrances. You can bring your own hand sanitizer/ wipes.
- Holy Water stoups will be empty.
- To ensure 6 ft physical distancing, seating is well marked. Ushers will guide you.
- The hymnals are removed for safety. Please feel free to bring your own prayer books.
- Collection baskets will not be passed, they will be at the entrances. We thank you for your generous support.
- Please no handshake or hugs during sign of peace
- Holy Communion should be received in the hand only. Please maintain 6ft from others when in line to receive communion and use hand sanitizer when possible.
- The Adoration Chapel will remain closed until further notice.
- Pews and regularly touched surfaces will be disinfected after each Mass.
- Confessions will be in the Grotto on Saturday from 3.00 to 3.45 pm and Sunday 6.00 to 6.45 pm. 6-ft distance should be kept. The priest and the penitent should wear mask.
- Any social gatherings or serving of food in the parish hall must wait for the directives from the Diocese.
Weekday Mass Schedule: Weekday Masses will be at 8:00am for the time being. (No evening masses will occur on weekdays). Since there is NO Sunday obligation, those who are unable to attend weekend Mass please come to the weekday Mass.
Thank you for your patience during COVID-19. Please continue to pray for our St. Paul’s. Fr. George Vaniyapurackal, Pastor
|The Covid-19 pandemic continues. Nothing has changed with regard to the contagiousness of this coronavirus or its existence in our society. All must be considered to still be potential “carriers,” each person reacts differently to its effects, and people are contagious for days before they would show any detectable symptoms. The virus is moisture-born. In general, moisture is understood to fall out of exhaled breath and onto surfaces within 1 to 1-1/2 meters (within 6 feet) of the person.|